This is a staple vegetarian recipe for meat free Mondays that takes almost no effort and is packed with vegetables and whole grains. Add any roasted or fresh vegetables to give it some personal funk.
Recipe: Chakalaka couscous
Servings: 4 – 6
- couscous | 1.5 cups dry
- chakalaka | 1 can
- salt and pepper | to taste
- sweet potato | 1 chopped and oven roasted (optional)
- Make couscous according to instructions on packet.
- When cooked toss couscous with fork into a large bowl.
- Add can of chakalaka and mix in and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add sweet potato, butternut or fresh peas and mix well (optional).