Nigella’s recipe for peanut butter chocolate bars is nothing short of absolute romantic decadence. It’s smooth and silky, chocolatey and buttery, it’s oh so very good and easier than it should actually be allowed, for health reasons.
After making Nigella’s recipe a few times, and double batches every time because there was never enough, a few things were changed, not that the originals weren’t pretty much perfect. Nigella is a goddess of goodness and this peanut butter bar is a pure and genuine simple pleasure.
And, this recipe was made with home-made peanut butter with a kick ass blender, that’s on its last legs because it’s been abused from grinding peanuts.
If you love peanut butter, this is it.
Recipe: Peanut butter chocolate bars
Prep time: 15 minutes
45 if you make your own peanut butter
Cooking time: 20 minutes in the fridge
1 – 2 hrs cooling on the counter top
- Peanut butter | 1 cup
- Brown sugar/treacle sugar | 1/4 cup
- Powdered sugar/icing sugar | 1 1/3 cup
- Butter | 2 tbsp
- Dark chocolate | 180g
- Mix peanut butter and sugar until smooth
- Add 1 tbsp softened butter
- Add icing sugar and mix thoroughly until the peanut butter isn’t sticky
- Pat evenly into a 9 x 9 inch pan or a medium-sized pan with baking paper at the bottom
- Melt chocolate slowly on the stove top or in microwave with 1 tbsp of butter and mix slowly and evenly
- Spoon melted chocolate over the set peanut butter
- Let cool in the fridge for 10 minutes and take out and let cool on counter to avoid cracking
- Cut when still semi soft