These are hearty, crunchy and nutty. There’s no messing around. You just grind nuts, toast oats, and add in some other sweetness. You can pretty much use any type of nut if you crush it up and don’t make it too buttery, but even then, too buttery is usually not too terrible.
It’s like 2, 3 bites of breakfast in a tightly packed ball. And I love to share them with coffee.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 100g (or a little less than half a cup) Hazelnuts | ground
- 1-2 tsp of canola, peanut, or vegetable oil
- 1 cup oats | toasted
- 1/2 cup poppy-seed
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tsp molasses or honey
- Crush or grind the hazelnuts and use the oil to help crush the nuts.
- Toast the oats.
- Add the poppy seeds and mix it all together with your hands.
- Add the molasses and mix together with a spoon, sometimes it’s just easier to give in with your hands.
- Use a melon baller or something to help shape the balls and press it in hard into the shape. Tap it out and put the ball on wax paper. Then just let it set in the fridge.