Sweet sticky chicken recipe made simply with a pop of roasted peppers.
Recipe: Sticky chicken
- Thighs and wings (or any parts of the chicken will do) | 6 – 8 pieces of cut chicken
- Eric Todd chilli-plum sauce or your favourite sweet marinade
- Garlic | 1 head
- Peppers | 2
- Salt | 1 tsp
- Pepper | 1 tsp
- Pre-heat oven to 350˚F/150˚C Peppers:
- Place peppers in the oven on the lower rack for 45 minutes – 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Remove once the peppers get soft and place into a paper bag or plastic packet for 20 minutes to soften skin from peppers.
- Remove skin and slice into strips.
- Add chilli-plum sauce, salt and pepper, to bowl and then toss peppers into it and let sit until the chicken is done.
- Rub salt and pepper evenly over chicken
- Add enough marinade to completely cover each piece of chicken. Pull the skin off the chicken and rub the sauce in between the meat and the skin.
- Then slice the garlic into big chunks and add a few pieces to the chicken between the meat and the skin and the rest to the dish.
- Allow to slowly cook in the oven for 1 hour and turn occasionally.
- Then turn the oven to grill and crisp chicken for 1/2 hour, turning halfway through.